2022 Property Tax Notices mailed out in Lethbridge this week2 min read
The Metropolis of Lethbridge explained because of to delays at the Alberta Land Title Place of work, some home proprietors may have taken possession of a assets in the town, but are not registered on title nevertheless. If this is the situation and proprietors have not acquired their tax notice, they are questioned to contact the City of Lethbridge for a duplicate. Proof of possession will be needed.
Late payment penalties will not be waived if people did not receive their tax discover.
The following payment selections are obtainable:
- On the internet or by phone banking working with the 13-digit roll selection located on the best appropriate of the tax observe.
- Cheques or money orders, created payable to the Town of Lethbridge, can be mailed or dropped off at Metropolis Hall (910 4 Avenue South, Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6).
- Directly at your financial institution, and the City will accept the teller stamp day as the date of payment received.
- Property owners are requested to NOT send hard cash by mail.
- The Metropolis has a protected mailbox situated at the entrance doorways of Town Hall and a blue push-by means of drop box positioned in the site visitors circle at the rear of Town Corridor.
- Dollars, cheques, and debit card payments are recognized by cashiers on the key ground at Town Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Metropolis does not take credit card payments for taxes.
Furthermore, home proprietors have the possibility of making use of the City’s regular Tax Instalment Prepayment Program (TIPP). TIPP provides an yearly discounted credit score of 1.25%.
Assets entrepreneurs whose 2022 taxes are paid out in comprehensive, can signal up for TIPP ahead of July 20, 2022 to be enrolled in the software for their 2023 assets taxes. Additional information on TIPP is at the Metropolis of Lethbridge internet site.
In December 2020, Lethbridge Town Council authorised a % raise in the functioning spending plan, encouraging to minimize tax improves in the city. Even so, people may perhaps see a tax increase on their expenditures for other causes, which includes a alter to their assets evaluation, or adjust in taxes collected by the provincial federal government for the education tax and the Environmentally friendly Acres Foundation spending budget.
Additional specifics about taxes are offered by calling 311 or by viewing the Town of Lethbridge internet site.