Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 24 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
We are seeking a Qualified Accountant to join the Royalties Department
JOB TITLE: Accountant I DEPARTMENT: Royalties
- To prepare year end accounts for Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and sole traders.
- To prepare Management Accounts
- Business management to handle a client portfolio and be the main pint of contact for allocated clients.
- To work with bookkeepers and trainee accountants in order to meet client compliance requirements
- To assist with ad hoc projects that may arise.
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Interest in the Music Industry
- Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Good working knowledge of CCH Accounts Production Software or similar and Sage Line 50
- Good working knowledge of Excel);
- Ability to produce Accounts Working Papers to high quality standard;
- Ability to exercise judgement and consideration in respect of presentation of financial information, e.g.
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to [email protected]