Insurance software provider Next Level Solutions is the back-to-back No. 1 company for Springfield Business Journal’s Dynamic Dozen awards.
The award, which recognizes fast growth, was unveiled last night at Oasis Hotel & Convention Center. Thirteen companies and six individuals were honored during the event.
Next Level Solutions, which debuted at No. 1 on SBJ’s 2021 Dynamic Dozen list, was back at the top after reporting 2021 revenue of $32.6 million, a 394% increase during the three-year period tracked in the awards criteria. Companies were ranked based on revenue growth and percentage of revenue growth year over year, 2019-21, and verified by a third party.
Additionally, Next Level Solutions’ employee count grew 450% to 231 during the same period. The company works as a provider of Duck Creek Technologies products for property and casualty insurance carriers.
“We’re really focused on client relationships and really trying to deliver the highest- quality products,” said Michael Smith, chief operating officer and co-founder, in the company’s award profile. “In doing that, we’ve been able to build an image for ourselves.”
Profiles of each of the businesses and individuals honored are in SBJ’s May 23 edition.
Here’s the 2022 Dynamic Dozen companies, including 2021 revenue and three-year revenue growth:
1. Next Level Solutions, $32.6 million, 394%
2. Russell Cellular Inc., $848.8 million, 42%
3. OakStar Bank, $87.1 million, 45%
4. Burgess Aircraft Management LLC, dba OzAir Charter Service, $19.3 million, 72%
5. Arrowpoint Solar, $14.2 million, 173%
6. Keller Williams Greater Springfield, $37.1 million, 62%
7. CoxHealth, $5.7 billion, 13%
8. Pluck LLC, dba Keep Supply, $11.6 million, 144%
9. Alps Pharmacy, $45 million, 61%
10. Citizens Memorial Hospital, $573.1 million, 8%
11. Little Sunshine’s Enterprises Inc., $56.5 million, 32%
12. Artemis Overland Hardware, $1.56 million, 442%
Russell Cellular also was No. 2 last year.
Engineering firm Toth and Associates Inc. was honored as Judges’ Choice, chosen by an independent panel of judges based on questionnaires. The company, which declined to disclose revenue, posted 35% sales growth between 2019 and 2021, with 136 employees.
Individual awards went to:
• Adam Toth, executive president of Toth and Associates, Top CEO/Managing Partner;
• Michael Smith, COO of Next Level Solutions, Top Chief Operations Officer;
• Erik Frederick, former chief administrative officer of Mercy Hospital Springfield, Top Chief Administrative Officer;
• Tricia Chapman, sponsorship coordinator of Nixa Public Schools, Top Sales/Marketing Professional;
• Ursula Gorman, executive director of human resources for Phoenix Home Care & Hospice Inc., Top Human Resources Professional; and
• Mark Kastner, director of environmental services and central patient transport for Mercy Hospital Springfield, Employee of the Year.